We’re excited that you are taking a first step to home ownership!
We look forward to assisting you in any way as you move forward in the home buying experience—whether it is for yourself or your family.
You can begin now by completing the 8 steps below. This will ensure you are ready to move forward as we develop our programs and build our first homes.
As will be updating this page with our latest news, along with eligibility criteria requirement for home ownership, please check back often. Thank you!
- Watch this 2 minute video on Community Land Trusts.
- Take a short eligibility quiz on our website chelanvalleyhousing.org
- Review our available homes on our website.
- Think you qualify? Fill out an application found here, and send to email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered. Once these steps have been completed CVHT staff will be aware that you are looking for a home and know to inform you of updates to sales of homes and upcoming homebuyer classes.
- Attend a First Time Homebuyer Course (if not already done).
Visit our website Meetings Calendar, our Facebook Events Page, or call Sandy Calicoat at 509-630-7437 to find out when these will be held. These are typically 9am-2pm on a Saturday. We are currently working to get this class offered in Spanish. These classes are also available online (in Spanish as well).
- Get pre-qualified for a home loan with a local lender. Two great local Home Loan Officers are currently working with CVHT: Sandy Calicoat with Caliber Home Loans, and April Wiggins with Washington Federal.
- Schedule a 1on1 Meeting with CVHT Staff where we will review your documents, differences between CLT and regular home ownership, and verify your eligibility.
- Start closing proceedings! Once these above steps are complete, contact CVHT staff with proof of completion form with documents. CVHT staff will contact you and let you know that you are in line for your dream home and you will schedule an appointment to start signing documents, view your home (if ready) and any other necessary steps.
- Then welcome HOME! All new homeowners will attend a CLT homeownership training by staff within their first few months of ownership.