Common Questions and Answers for CLT Homeowners


Q: What are my main responsibilities as a CVHT homeowner?

A: The most common/major responsibilities homeowners include the following but ensure you have read your signed and recorded ground lease as there are other requirements not listed here.  


  • Pay the lease fee on time. This is due monthly on the 1st and owners can pay online, set up bill pay through the bank, or pay in full for the year if they wish.
  • Keep the home insured and pay taxes (check annually)
  • Make sure that CVHT is added as an additional insured on homeowner’s insurance and provide CVHT with a copy
  • Don’t sublease the home without permission (roommates are ok!) and use the home as your primary residence
  • Follow the neighborhood covenants and restrictions (CC&Rs)
  • Ensure that your neighborhood is in compliance with CCRs by holding an annual meeting and report actions in written form to CVHT.
  • Don’t acquire additional financing, re-finance, or sell the home without CVHTs permission
  • Keep the home & appliances in good working condition for best return at resale. Create a maintenance plan to help plan and budget for this. A template can be found here.


Q: Can I rent out my home?

A: CVHT owners may have roommates to supplement their home income as long as the home remains the primary residence of the homeowner (sharing the space with the renter). In fact, since this creates more affordable housing we encourage it! There are very few conditions in which a homeowner may sublease the entire home and rental fees must not exceed the homeowners monthly housing and utility bills. One way in which this happens is that a homeowner must leave for work for a specified period of time. 


Q: Where can I find a signed copy of my Ground Lease?

A: A signed copy of the Ground Lease should be printed and retained at CVHT and by the owner at purchase. Ask CVHT for a copy if you do not have one. Records are also available on the Chelan County Public Records site here.


Q: Can I make alterations to my home?

A: Alterations that affect the value or structural integrity of the home may be allowable but must be approved by CVHT.  The application for performing alterations or additions can be found on the Homeowner Page on our website. The reason for this approval is that CVHT must protect the value of the home over time to ensure it is affordable to the next generation of buyer, therefore significant alterations must be performed by licensed contractors and not affect the value or future stability of the home.


Q: What if I am having trouble making my lease or mortgage payments?

A: Reach out to the CVHT Housing Director immediately. We will work with you to help make a plan to get current on lease fees and your mortgage payment and help work with your mortgagee if needed.


Q: Where can I find a copy of my neighborhood covenants and restrictions?

A: A recorded copy of the covenants and restrictions can be found on the Chelan County Assessor site but CVHT will also maintain a digital copy. It is good practice to have a copy for your own records and reference. Let CVHT know if you need a copy of your neighborhood CC&Rs.